All Iron Boots are fully handmade by our bootmaker Kai and 5 teammates together in a small studio at Guangzhou. They are built in handwelt or hand stitchdown, with channelled insole construction, which are stronger and last longer than normal Goodyear welted shoes/boots made by machines. Each pair is 100% hand welted, hand last, hand bottomed, and also hand-sewn outsole stitch.
Italy Waxed Bullhide is a very cool leather. This Waxed Bullhide is a scotch grain leather, and features with white wax on its top. The wax will come off and get absorbed by the leather as you wear them, so they will look different as they age. That's a ton of fun!
If you want to get rid of the wax faster, you can apply some leather conditioner and brush them often. If you want to keep the wax as long as it can, just don't do conditioning too often. But this leather will age with its original color showing up, and it won't keep the original look forever.
- Using last 5515Pro, based on dress shoe last but much wider (wider than Devil Dog & TCO), features wider toe box, and provides better heel grip and arch support!
- High spi (depends on construction, usually 7-10)
- Using wool as filler (instead of cork)
- Using leather shank (instead of steel)
- Using leather as stiffener for both toe and heel
- Dr Sole rubber sole included
- Express shipping included
Typically within 3-4 months (other than orders from Nov. - Feb.)
Due to Chinese New Year holiday break and end of year surge, orders from Nov. - Feb. usually will take around 5-8 months to finish.
- Pick the same size as your Red Wing Heritage, Alden (Barrie), or Whites.
- Half size down your Brannock size.
- Half to a full size down from most sneakers.
For any question or request regarding sizing or customization, feel free to email us at email@example.com, or DM our Instagram ironboots_usa.