All Iron Boots are fully handmade by our bootmaker Kai and 5 teammates together in a small studio at Guangzhou. They are built in handwelt or hand stitchdown, with channelled insole construction, which are stronger and last longer than normal Goodyear welted shoes/boots made by machines. Each pair is 100% hand welted, hand last, hand bottomed, and also hand-sewn outsole stitch.
- Inspired by those military boots in WWII, especially the pair from movie The Great Escape. That's why we name the boot after it.
- Last is original designed with inspiration from heritage lasts. We name it M43 to remind where this style is coming from. This last features wide toe box just like our 5515 last (but slightly lower volume), with mild arch support.
- All come with unstructed toe & handwelt construction
- High spi (depends on construction, usually 7-10)
- Using wool as filler (instead of cork)
- Using leather shank (instead of steel)
- Using leather as stiffener for the heel (unstructed toe)
- Dr Sole rubber sole included
- Express shipping included
- Note : photos are using Toscanello (brown) Maryam Horse Butt TPR
Typically within 3-4 months (other than orders from Nov. - Feb.)
Due to Chinese New Year holiday break and end of year surge, orders from Nov. - Feb. usually will take around 5-6 months to finish.
- Pick the same size as your Red Wing Heritage, Alden (Barrie), or Whites.
- Half size down your Brannock size.
- Half to a full size down from most sneakers.
For any question or request regarding sizing or customization, feel free to email us at email@example.com, or DM our Instagram ironboots_usa.