All Iron Boots are fully handmade by our bootmaker Kai and 5 teammates together in a small studio at Guangzhou. They are built in handwelt or hand stitchdown, with channelled insole construction, which are stronger and last longer than normal Goodyear welted shoes/boots made by machines. Each pair is 100% hand welted, hand last, hand bottomed, and also hand-sewn outsole stitch.
About Leather (from Ticho)
This SB Foot roughout is ideal for a rugged casual boot. Thick and supple but has a nice soft hand and a nappy nap. Rich shade that is developing some depth as it gets worn in. Repels water well and dirt brushes off easily. Requires basically no care whatsoever. Super easy to find outfits that work with it. As a result, these Chosen Ones have taken over as my “lives by the front door” pair.
- Using last TCO, based on dress shoe last but wider, features wider toe box, and provides better heel grip and arch support!
- High spi (depends on construction, usually 7-10)
- Using wool as filler (instead of cork)
- Using leather shank (instead of steel)
- Using leather as stiffener for both toe and heel
- Dr Sole rubber sole
- If you need more customization, please visit our "All Leather MTO"
Typically within 3-4 months (other than orders from Nov. - Feb.)
Due to Chinese New Year holiday break and end of year surge, orders from Nov. - Feb. usually will take around 5-8 months to finish.
- Pick the same size as your Red Wing Heritage, Alden, Viberg, Nicks or Whites.
- Half size down your Brannock size.
- Half to a full size down from most sneakers.
For any question or request regarding sizing or customization, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM our Instagram ironboots_usa.