All Iron Boots are fully handmade by our bootmaker Kai and 5 teammates together in a small studio at Guangzhou. They are built in handwelt or hand stitchdown, with channelled insole construction, which are stronger and last longer than normal Goodyear welted shoes/boots made by machines. Each pair is 100% hand welted, hand last, hand bottomed, and also hand-sewn outsole stitch.
The Double Shot Leather is a combination tanned leather made by Seidel Tannery. This leather is a smooth finished leather with a little pullup. It's not fully dyed through, so you may see the tea core effect as it ages. The tannery starts with a chrome tanned base, strips the chrome out and stuffs the hides with Mimosa and Quebracho bark extracts, oils and Waxes. The color looks really rich.
The Oiltan leather is the most famous work leather a lot of work boots choose to use. It is super durable, and features a matte finish. They are very thick, around 7-8oz. The black color is bit thiner comparing with the brown color.
- Using last TCO, based on dress shoe last but wider, features wider toe box, and provides better heel grip and arch support!
- High spi (depends on construction, usually 7-10)
- Using wool as filler (instead of cork)
- Using leather shank (instead of steel)
- Using leather as stiffener for both toe and heel
- Dr Sole rubber sole
- If you need customization, please visit our "All Leather MTO"
Typically within 3-4 months (other than orders from Nov. - Feb.)
Due to Chinese New Year holiday break and end of year surge, orders from Nov. - Feb. usually will take around 5-8 months to finish.
- Pick the same size as your Red Wing Heritage, Alden (Barrie), or Whites.
- Half size down your Brannock size.
- Half to a full size down from most sneakers.
For any question or request regarding sizing or customization, feel free to email us at email@example.com, or DM our Instagram ironboots_usa.